Pages


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 11 - Erldunda to Yulara

Well, today was going to be the day I climbed Ularu, more on that later. I left the caravan park to get some fuel,when I arrived saw the sign "cash only", I thaught oh crap, I don't have the cash on me to pay for this, especially at $1.86 per litre. Luckily the shop opposite had a ATM to all was good, except having to pay an extra $2.50 to withdraw the cash out.

Anyway, I got over that fairly quickly and was on my way. It was only around 270km so I was there well before lunch. I saw Ularu for the first time just before 9am and Kata-Juta ~ an hour and a half later. Ok, so I arrived at the campground, great spot, beautiful day. Set up camp for 2 nights and went to the shops to grab some lunch. Soon after this, the winds started and not long after that a few sprinklings of rain arrived, it wasn't looking good for my climb up the rock this afternoon. Headed out to the rock anyway, windy as hell. Got to where the climb starts and ..... Closed due to high winds. Decided to go for a walk around the rock instead, the rain was on and off, but it was still great weather for a walk. What a stunning place, I was in awe of it's sheer size, humungous!! Anyway, I am sitting typing this, waiting for the sun to set, camera set up ready for some photos.

Distance Driven: 305.9km (3448.4km total)3448.4
Geocaches Found: 3 (2 Trad, 1 Earth) (106 Total)
Caravan Park Rating: 8.5/10 (Very nice, not too expensive and a very large rock nearby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment