Pages


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 19 - Alice Springs to Coober Pedy

Before I start with today, there is a couple of things I forgot to mention:
·         I am an Idiot; I got sunburnt yesterday for the third time!!
·         Also, the last night at Glen Helen, I was told by the guy at the front desk that there was going to be free music, it would be popular music, mainly covers. Well, not really, don’t get me wrong, He was a good musician, He played about seven different instruments including acoustic guitar, electric guitar, Violin, mandolin, two harmonicas, some foot instrument, not really sure what it was and the spoons, yea that’s right the spoons. It started with a Paul Simon number, and then moved to Jazz and Blues music, not really my sort of music but not too bad anyway.
Now to today, I basically just drove to Coober Pedy, stopping at Marla for lunch and a few spots on the way to rest and pick up some caches. The car does seem to be behaving itself at the moment touch wood.
I am at the same Caravan park as previous, just one site along.
Distance Driven: 716.8km (5815.1km total)
Geocaches Found: 3 (3 Trad)(134 Total)
Caravan Park Rating: 7.5/10 (Same as before, nice setting Its a pitty I can no longer put any of my pegs in the ground, all mangled.)

No comments:

Post a Comment