Pages


Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 2 - Mildura to Renmark

Day 2 started the same way day 1 finished, I was awoken very early with many drops of rain on my tent roof.

I spent the morning exploring and caching in Mildura, including a new cache to me, a webcam cache, where a picture of me is taken via a live webcam on an old tower. I gave cal a call and he jumped on his pc and captured the image for me. I then traveled over the bridge into NSW so I could get my first cache in that state. I then headed back over the bridge, grabbed some lunch in Mildura, then headed for Renmark which is not too far away.

Another Big4 park, much nicer this time, also more expensive. Set up the tent, then the rains arrived, it poured for around 2 hours so I ended up cooking under lantern light again.

Distance driven: 182.3 (883.9km total)
Geocaches found: 18 (2 multi, 15 traditional & 1 webcam)(33 total)
Caravan park rating 7 1/2 out of 10

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear god has answered my prayers to give you lotsa refreshing rain before you get to the BIG RED. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris from Gunners said he will miss you and don't die in the desert.. LOL and beware of anyone who wants to touch you.

    ReplyDelete