Pages


Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 14 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs

Early start this morning, first stop to get ripped off at the petrol Bowser, @$2.09/L and  try to knock most of this distance off before lunchtime. As it turns out, I did. I stopped once after about 70km to grab a cache I missed on the way up to kings Canyon, a great spot with a canyon of its own, just 250 metres from the road. The next stop was Earldunda for morning tea and a break before the final 200km to Alice. The drive seemed to go fast, I guess because it was, as most of the freeways in NT are 130K/h speed limit.
I arrived at the Caravan park, the most expensive yet @$38 per night. I have booked for 2 Nights. Not a bad place, it must be, they seem to have amassed an extraordinary amount of awards and were very proudly displaying them on the wall. I went for a drive into town to have a look around. I have arrived in town at the right time, as the Henley on Todd is on this weekend
I have also booked a Balloon flight for tomorrow AM, so I have a 5AM start.  
Distance Driven: 496.4km (4429.7km total)
Geocaches Found: 4 (4 Trad)(114 Total)
Caravan Park Rating: 8/10 (A little on the expensive side, plenty of space, very clean and a nice mountain range nearby)

1 comment: