Pages


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 12 - Yulara to Kata Tjuta to Yulara

Today was not a bad day, I got up at 8, breaky, did some overdue washing and headed for Ularu to hopefully climb the rock. No such luck, apparently the winds were over 25 knots on the top which is the threshold for closing it off. Not letting that hold me back and not withstanding the $5500 fine, I climbed up anyway. (That was a joke people) I actually headed for Kata Tjuta, where I first did the shorter Walpa Gorge walk, which was simply amazing. I followed this up with some lunch at the base of Valley of the Winds walk, 7.4km of the most stunning scenery in the national park. after that, I headed back into town where I had a look at the shops and almost bought some beer or wine. I said almost, the prices were outrageous, the cheapest bottle of wine was almost $40, and the same goes for a 6 pack of beer, so I decided to go without.

Distance Driven: 150.5km (3448.4km total)
Geocaches Found: 2 (1 Trad, 1 Earth) (108 Total)
Caravan Park Rating: 8.5/10 (Very nice, not too expensive and a very large rock nearby as well as large mounds poking out of the ground!!)

2 comments: