Pages


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 23 – Tanunda to Murray Bridge

Didn’t drive too far today, but I did have an adventure – in Geocaching. That’s right folks, I managed to find 30 Traditional caches. Add to that the 12 I was not able to find and that makes my biggest caching day ever. I also saw the most animals of the trip today too.
The first 6 or so involved Walks in and around Mount Crawford state park which was really quite nice and varied terrain. The remainder of them were on side roads on the way to Murray Bridge as well as a good proportion of the caches in the town itself. As a result of trying to get 30, I didn’t get back to the caravan park until just before 8PM.
As for the animals I saw, they would be fine fare at almost any dinner table. There was Sheep, Cows, Emu, Kangaroos, A Koala(Climbing a Pine tree of all things), Lamas(Or maybe they were Alpacas), A Blue tongue Lizard (I Think) and a couple of horses (To be fair, they had riders on them so probably shouldn’t be eaten!) Tomorrow I have a longish drive to Hamilton, where I will stay at Andre’s for the night. I will be either on the floor or in the tent in the back yard. Whichever way, It will be great to catch up.
Distance Driven: 185.6km (6958.0km total) 6958
Geocaches Found: 30 (30 Trad)(185 Total)
Caravan Park Rating: 8/10 (Great View over the river, excellent Dining room/Kitchen, nice grass to pitch the tent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment