Pages


Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 21 – Port Pirie to Tanunda (Barossa Valley)

My car is still behaving.
Today was not a bad day, I spent the first half kriss crossing across the Clare Valley, a beautiful leisurely drive where I didn’t really have somewhere I absolutely had to be. It was good. I then made my way back across towards the Barossa Valley via some smaller towns you would never have heard of before. I arrived in Tanunda at about 3PM, then decided I would like to do some sort of winery tour. So I went to the visitor information centre and they organised for the bus to pick me up at 10.15 in the morning. Apparently it goes for about 5 hours and includes lunch. So for $85, probably not bad value. That’s all I have to tell for today, except that I am amazed at the sheer amount of wineries here in the Barossa as well as in the Clare Valley.
I am currently sitting in the caravan park drinking beer (Probably should be wine) and chewing on some peanuts. Ahhh the life.
Distance Driven: 307.4km (6772.4km total)
Geocaches Found: 12 (12 Trad)(152 Total)
Caravan Park Rating: 8.5/10 (A bit more luxury at a price, excellent games room, kitchen as well as outdoor stuff like giant pillow, pool, playground and they even had an amphitheatre, Beautiful setting, nice grass to pitch the tent.)

1 comment:

  1. Today is sonjas birthday.on Sunday we are going to celebate.love mum

    ReplyDelete