Pages


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 22 – Tanunda (Barossa Valley)

Had another mighty fine day today (Although it does get a lot colder here at nights and early mornings). The tour bus was not picking me up until 10.15, so I had a leisurely morning, breakfast, made a coffee and read a book until 10am. There were six other people on the tour plus the driver John. The tour covered about 4 wineries, each of them quite different. We deliberately steered away from the big wineries as they were usually very busy and it would be difficult to get a seat at the bar. We stopped at Grant Burge first, followed by Te.Aro Estate where we had a beautiful Platter lunch. We then stopped at Domain Day and last but not least we stopped at Linfield Road Wines, in my opinion, the best of the bunch (I bought a total of 7 bottles from there). We were then all driven back to our various accommodations’.
I spent the rest of the day geocaching in Tanunda, had a very good time, especially when at the second cache, I met a group of other cachers, so we completed this one together. One of the guys is even more obsessed then me, he has kitted his car out for caching!! He has over 2500 finds.
Anyway, tonight I treated myself to a pizza and am eating and typing right now!!
Distance Driven: 0km (6772.4km total)
Geocaches Found: 4 (3 Trad, 1 multi)(155 Total)
Caravan Park Rating: 8.5/10 (A bit more luxury at a price, excellent games room, kitchen as well as outdoor stuff like giant pillow, pool, playground and they even had an amphitheatre, (Forgot to mention Basketball Court in yesterdays Blog) Beautiful setting, nice grass to pitch the tent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment